Course Code : MMPF-007
Course Title : Equity Markets
Assignment Code : MMPF-007/TMA/JAN /2024
Coverage : All Blocks
Note: Attempt all the questions and submit this assignment to the Coordinator of your
study centre. Last date of submission for January 2024 session is 30th April, 2024
and for July 2024 session is 31st October, 2024.
1. State and describe the role of various Participants who operate and facilitate various
operations in the Primary markets in India.
2. Explain the two distinct methods of raising capital through shares. Also, discuss
comprehensively the advantages and challenges faced in each of the method.
3. Explain, what is the role of SEBI in protecting investor’s interest in securities market?
Describe any two such provisions by SEBI that ensures investor’s protection and promote
investor’s education and awareness.
4. Why are Charts used in Technical Analysis? Discuss the different charting techniques and
explain their specific usage.
5. What is a Stock Index? What is its purpose? Explain in detail the Index construction